i love you!

i love you!
<3
^ Thats me! I'm a freshman. I'm taken. I love every sport possible. I play volleyball for RIC. I'm friendly & outgoing. My family and friends mean a lot to me. My AIM is greenexbean add me.

Monday, April 21, 2008

What Can We Do?

Johnson
Context/Premise:
power
exclusion
rejection
problems
privilege
understanding
support
society
Argument:
Johnson argues that the more knowledgeable we are about the issues concerning privilege, the better the chances are for change.
Evidence:
"It simply means acknowledging an obligation to make a contribution to finding a way out of the trouble we're all in and to finding constructive ways out of the trouble we're all in and to finding constructive ways to act on that obligation."
"..step off the path of least resistance that encourages you to defend and deny."
"Dare to make people feel uncomfortable, beginning with yourself."
"Whenever we openly choose a different path, however, we make it possible for others to see both the path of least resistance they're following and the possibility of choosing something else"
"The problem of privilege and oppression is deep and wide, and to work with it we have to be able to see clearly so that we can talk about it in useful ways."

No comments: