i love you!

i love you!
<3
^ Thats me! I'm a freshman. I'm taken. I love every sport possible. I play volleyball for RIC. I'm friendly & outgoing. My family and friends mean a lot to me. My AIM is greenexbean add me.

Monday, March 31, 2008

"One More River to Cross"

Charles Lawrence
Context:
  • segregation
  • people of color
  • white
  • privileged
  • schools
  • label
  • seperate "but equal"
  • Brown vs Board of eduacation
  • power

Argument:

Lawrence argues that in the courts decision regarding Brown vs. Board, they did not recognize (or chose not to recognize) the true nature behind segregation as a deeply rooted issue that is not easily destroyed.

Quotes:

"If one views the Brown case narrowly, as a case intended to desegregate the nation's schools, history has proven it a clear failure."

"Segregation's only purpose is to label or define blacks as inferior and thus exclude them from full and equal participation in society."

"Equality of education is not enough, there can be no equality under a segregated system. The American negro is not a dominant minority; therefore he must fight for complete elimination of segregation as his ultimate goal."

1 comment:

Dr. Lesley Bogad said...

You got the basics here, but say more Katelyn.

And a big, very important question for you... what does "<3" mean? Or "<33"? Or "<333"? I am curious!?